This week on ThursDev, Luke breaks down the component parts of an individual game mechanic, and the pipeline through which it is created and ultimately implemented into a game. He details the many points of failure and production bottlenecks that can be identified in a game mechanic’s production pipeline, and talks about what each task means, and their role in getting a mechanic prepared to ship.
ThursDev is a weekly series where the NPCs talk about aspects of game development, teach about tools of the trade and offer tutorials in various game dev disciplines. Focused around development principles relevant to small-to-mid-sized developers, indies, hobbyists & hopefuls alike, the series includes basic tutorials, genre retrospectives, thoughts on relevant emerging trends in the games industry and game development theory, methodology and philosophy.
The NPCs are:
Luke Rideout (Project Manager at Hothead Games): Game Design & Production
Jon Wood (Project Manager at Current Studios): Production, Sound, PR & Games Journalism
Matt Goodmanson (Senior Artist at Silverback Games): 2D & 3D art
All opinions and techniques stated in these videos are personal to the members of Level 0 NPCs. None of the opinions or views stated in this video represent the views or beliefs of Hothead Games, Current Studios or Silverback Games.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Inspiring NJ Kid Doesn't Let Type 1 Diabetes Slow Him Down | Beck's Best Kids
- Electricity Is Here! Brand New Update – MachiaVillain Gameplay
- Yo-Kai Watch – ALL 5 Gemnyan / Jewelnyan QR Codes for U.S. and EU! [Tips & Tricks]
- Prison Bus Transport Driving Game – Mobile Police Bus Drive Off Road 3D – Android GamePlay
- 2 | Atlanta Xpress (Georgia) Vs Virginia Elite (Virginia) | 2013 Hoop Group Pitt Jam Fest